Friday, June 6, 2014

One More Week!!!

It’s been another great week here in the CCM. 

The first highlight would have to be going to the University again. This time it wasn’t nearly as busy because the students are on break, but it was still a great experience. I had an especially cool experience with a particular girl. Hermana Graham and I asked if we could share a message with her. After we shared our message she talked with us for a long time. She said she had once been baptized into our church, but had stopped coming. She said that she believed God had sent us to her that day because she needed to come back to church. She asked us if we would meet with her again. We tried to explain to her that we were still "missionaries in training" and that we didn’t have phones yet, but we gave her numbers of other missionaries and then she gave me her number and asked me to call her whenever I get into the field. Which I will! We then gave her a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. Before we left, I felt prompted to testify of God's love for her. With all my heart I testified to this sweet girl, “Dios ama usted. Yo siento Su amor por usted ahora". (God loves you. I feel His love for you right now). I’m still not even close to being fluent in Spanish, but I am still capable of doing what I have been called to do--bear testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. That feels really amazing. 

The Haitians left Tuesday morning. I miss them so much.  They are wonderful missionaries with beautiful hearts and spirits. On Sunday we had a testimony meeting. Every one of the Haitian missionaries stood up and bore testimonies of their Savior. I really couldn't understand what they were saying but the spirit was incredibly strong in that meeting. The night before they left, they all sang "God be with you till we meet again" in French. They all had tears in their eyes. The North Americans sang it in Spanish. Again, it was really, really beautiful.

Yesterday, 30 Latino missionaries arrived. I love having Latino missionaries again. They are so fun and full of life. I can already tell they will be great missionaries. Two Latina Hermanas moved into our room. One is from Guatemala and the other is from Mexico. They are really sweet. I’m glad we get to share a room with them, especially since they don’t speak English. The more practice I get with my Spanish the better! 

Oh, shoutout to Maddie Neubuerger! We watched a devotional that was at the Provo MTC , and I saw Mitch singing! Haha 

I love the CCM, but let’s be honest.....I’M DYING TO GET OUT INTO THE FIELD!!! Obviously I have a lot more I need to learn but I just want to spread the gospel!! I thought I was stir crazy before, but I was wrong :) BUT.... it’s all good because I get to spend 7 hours out in the city tomorrow and go teaching with a more experienced missionary. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I’m so stoked!!! And then in less than 2 weeks I’ll be doing that every day. When I think about that, it helps me stay focused. I need to get all the Spanish/teaching skills I can before I do this for real :) And the CCM is really great. All of the teachers and other missionaries are some of the most amazing people I have ever met.

Goodbye till next week! Did I ever tell you how much I love letters? I didn’t collect any addresses before I left so unless you send me one first, with your return address, I can’t write you! And I want to :)

I love you guys. I really do have the best family and friends there are! Have a great week, I know I will. Being a missionary is the best thing there is! 

Love, 


Hermana Hansen




All the North American Girls & a favorite teacher, Hermana Escoberes








The Girls in my CCM District




North American & Hatian Missionaries




Me & Hermana Jean-Baptiste






No comments:

Post a Comment