Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19/2015 What a Cool week!

We were able to teach some really cool people this week. Since we started teaching Pablo, he has come to church every Sunday even though he has to walk there on crutches. He is amazing, and I am so grateful for his example of faith. 

This week we got to do something really cool. Hermana Hilbun and I, and 2 Elders traveled to San Pedro to translate at a medical clinic. We took a bus to my old area, then drove 30 minutes through sugar cane fields until we got to a small village. It was some of the most severe poverty I've seen since I've been in the DR. We walked into a one room cement building where they had sheets put up to make different hospital rooms. There were people lined up out the door with every sort of medical problem. It was an extremely humbling and heart wrenching experience.  I was really grateful that I could use my Spanish to serve in this way. The doctor would have questions for me to ask the patient, then I would translate back to him the answer. I learned a lot of new medical terms. We worked from 8 to 5 and it was exhausting, but it was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

We also went to the temple this week! I learned so much. It truly is the house of the Lord. While I was there, the Spirit testified to me of our Heavenly Fathers love. 

I love you all!!!! 
Have a fabulous week!! Thank you for all you do!!!

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment