Monday, January 12, 2015

1/5/2015 This week was Awesome!

First of all, New Year’s--I tried to sleep at 10:30, but the music blasted, and people were yelling into microphones outside our house ALLL night. At 6:30 when I got out of bed it was still going on. 

A fun tradition that they do here is all the young men run up to you and all the cars in the street begging for money so they can make sancocho for their parties. It’s a Dominican soup. 

Today was dia de los reyes. In the DR they don’t give gifts on Christmas, but rather on the day of kings--to celebrate the wise men that visited Jesus. The kids were in the street playing with their toys today =)

Hermana Hilbun and I visited a fair today to by souvenirs. A bunch of the vendors walked up to me and started speaking French. They ALL thought I was French, and not Hermana Hilbun, only me. Apparently, I look French =)

This week was incredible. We worked really hard and found a ton of amazing people to teach. I cannot even begin to write all the miracles we saw. One was that we found a new investigator. Even though he’s on crutches he walked a long way so that he could come to church. He is incredible. We found another investigator, John Wesley that wants to be a missionary =) 

Love you all!!


Hermana Hansen


I was sooooo spoiled for Christmas!  Thank you Everyone




It was definitely time for new shoes






Aurelia & her cute grandkids




Victor & family in San Pedro





Views from my apartment in San Pedro







No comments:

Post a Comment