Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Another crazy week in the Dominican Republic

¡Hola! ¿Como estan?
It was another great week here in the D.R.! 
My companion was sick a couple of days so I spent a little more time in the apartment than I would have liked, but other than that it was awesome. 

We´re working really hard to find people to teach. I’m amazed at the miracles I see every day on my mission. There are people here who are ready to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is my calling to find them.
I’ve been thinking a lot about my purpose as a missionary. My purpose as a missionary is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.”  Everyone is on a different place on the road to discipleship. As a missionary, my job is to determine which step those I meet are on, and then invite them to get as far along the path as they are willing. Do they need my help in developing faith in Jesus Christ? Do they need my help preparing to be baptized? Or do they need my help in enduring to the end? Each step on the path to discipleship is vital. Missionary work is about inviting others to come unto Christ no matter where they are! And that is what I am trying my very best to do. 
We are working really hard to strengthen the ward and find more people to teach. I love watching the transformation of those we teach. As people read the scriptures and pray to their Father in Heaven they are changed. And you can see it. You can see the light of Christ growing within them. I feel so privileged to be able to witness that and even more so to be called to help God´s children grow closer to Him. 
On a little more negative note. Our apartment hasn’t had power for a week now. Blah! I want a refrigerator and a fan! Call me princess :) But luckily it’s just our apartment and not the whole building or we wouldn’t have water. So I can still shower and wash my clothes by hand. Count your blessings right?  I guess that’s just part of being a missionary in the D.R. The power goes out every day here. It’s an adventure :)
I am also proud to say that I’ve gotten pretty good at bartering. Dad you’d be proud of me. Nobody rips off this Rubia! I’m especially good at bartering for my daily mangoes :) Yumm! 
I love you guys bunches and bunches! Have a fabulous week! And remember "Fear not to do good" (Doctrine and Covenants 6:33)
Con amor,

Hermana Hansen



Baseball-Favorite Domincan Pastime





Cool Fish Tank


No comments:

Post a Comment