Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Love Being a Missionary

Saludo!! Familia y Amigos!

First off, I want to say sorry there are no pictures attached to this email, but I’m using an old computer and it doesn’t recognize my camera. I’ll try again next week.

This was another great week here in the D.R.  We are working really hard each day to do the Lord's work. The other sisters in my apartment say that this is the hardest area in the mission. I’m glad it’s my first area because I’m learning A LOT about trust and faith. 

We continue to find those prepared by the Lord to hear His message. We found one family this week. They were taught by the missionaries about 8 years ago. They have a strong desire to learn more about the gospel. They are a really loving family and I can’t wait to teach them more. 

Our challenge this week was that most of our investigators were sick. We really didn’t get to teach them very much. One of our investigators, Maria, is doing really well. She has been reading the Book of Mormon every day, and prays every night to know if what we are teaching her is true. She is such a wonderful example to me of faith and diligent prayer. Every time we teach her, the Spirit is really strong. I feel the Spirit testifying to me of what she needs to hear. Being a missionary is really amazing. Sometimes I say things in Spanish that I didn’t even know I was capable of saying. I know God makes me capable so that those I am teaching can hear what they need to hear. I feel so blessed to be able watch people come unto Christ every day. 

I have to give a talk in Church this Sunday!!! Speaking in front of 50 plus Spanish speakers in Spanish??? I’m so nervous. But if the Lord needs me to give a talk in Spanish, He will help me as long as I do my part. But still keep me in your prayers :) 

This week my testimony of prayer has been strengthened once again. I know with all my heart that God lives. When we pray to Him, He is listening to every word. And when we have faith, we can watch Him work miracles in our lives. I know that to be true. I love you all! Dios nos ama!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment