Thursday, November 13, 2014

Another great week here in the DR!

My new companion is Hermana Greenstreet. She is amazing. She is so dedicated and diligent. And she is so ready to work hard. She’s patient and has a great attitude. She struggles with the language sometimes, but she knows a lot for one week in the field. She’ll be talking like a Dominican before she knows it. We are working our best to find and teach people about the Savior here in San Pedro. The Lord has blessed us with really amazing investigators with a desire to follow Christ. I am so blessed to watch their lives change before my eyes as they choose to follow Him. 

The highlight of my week was Familia Vargas. They are inactive members that Hermana Meldrum and I found last transfer. We have been working with them for close to 2 months now. I love this family. We brought the branch president to their house last week and had a really special lesson about God’s love for us and how families can be eternal. Once again, we invited them to come to church. As we sat in sacrament meeting and they weren’t there I said a little prayer in my head that they would be able to come. In the last minutes they came. This family hasn’t been to church in 10 years. But Sunday they came! I know I am doing the Lord's work and I am so grateful to be here. 

God lives. He loves each of His children. 


Hermana Hansen


Baptism of Yaki






Familia Vargas






Nilsa, Nederlin & Friley






Me & Hermana Meldrum-Helping Hands Service Project






Helping Hands Service Project






Goodbye Hermana Meldrum






No comments:

Post a Comment