Monday, November 24, 2014

I forgot to post this letter from Carrie 11/03/2014 (Be sure and check out her letter from today 11/24/2014-Lots of photos!)

11/03/2014
I think this may have been the best week on my mission so far!

For the past couple of weeks Hermana Meldrum and I have been making goals to elevate the spirituality in our lessons. We weren’t really seeing a lot of progress. But this week something just clicked. WE figured out how to really discern from the Spirit what the people we teach need to hear. Our lessons have been FILLED with the Spirit, we feel it, the members feel it, and our investigators feel it. I am so happy to be a missionary. I have felt the atonement of Jesus Christ heal me in such marvelous ways since I have been on the mission. I feel like this week was a real turning point on my mission. I am committed to always following the Spirit. Listening for it and staying true to it. That is when miracles happen and lives are changed. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and all He has taught me. I am so very blessed to have the Spirit play such an influence in my life.

Transfers are tomorrow. Hermana Meldrum is leaving for the capital and I’ll stay here and I’ll start the training of a new missionary. I’m a little nervous but very excited.

I am also sad. Hermana Meldrum and I had something very special. We had high expectations and the same vision but different talents to help us get there. She is very special to me, and an incredible missionary and a disciple of Christ who gives her all to Her Savior and His work. I learned so much from her. And am so grateful for the time we spent together. But I know she will be amazing as she finishes her training in the capital city. 


Love you guys! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment