Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 15, 2014

Another crazy week. Really, I think all weeks in the mission are crazy. It’s pretty hard to get bored.

Another transfer has come and gone. I thought for sure I’d stay in San Pedro since I’ve never stayed with a companion for more than one transfer. I thought, statistically speaking, it was more than likely for me and Hermana Greenstreet to stay together. But no. Me voy )= I’m headed off to La Romana tomorrow. I’m moving further into the countryside =) I’m really, really sad to be leaving San Pedro. I love it here, and I have fallen in love with the people here. I love serving them and teaching them, and I love being served and taught by them.

The mission is a really beautiful thing. You get to meet so many wonderful places and people. My least favorite part of the mission has to be the constant stream of goodbyes, whether that’s companions or members or investigators. I have shared extraordinary and beautiful experiences with the people of San Pedro and I love them with all my heart. I know I’m cheesy.

It’s especially hard to say goodbye to Jhoan. I have had the blessing of teaching him from the beginning of his conversion experience. He has taught me so much about faith, joy, gratitude, and obedience to Gods will. His testimony has strengthened mine. I know the Lord has a plan for me in La Ramona, so I’m excited for the new experiences I’ll have and the amazing people I’ll have the chance to love.

I love what President Uchtdorf says about goodbyes.  I’m paraphrasing, but he essentially says, the reason why goodbyes are so hard is that we are eternal beings, we are meant for forever’s, not for endings. I’m sad to leave but I know I’ll see the people of San Pedro again, and I’m excited for my new beginning in La Romana.

I love you guys!!! Thank you for your love and constant prayers!

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment