Friday, March 20, 2015

3/16/2015 I Love you all!!!

Wow what an amazing week!!! The highlight would have to be the mission wide conference we had. All of the missionaries in the whole mission were present, except the missionaries in the ABC islands, but they were there via Skype.

The conference was presided by Elder Whitney Clayton from the seventy. Elder Cornish and Elder Martinez from the Area presidency were also present.

Elder Clayton said something that really stuck with me. He was talking about studying the scriptures and the gospel in general. He said to focus our scripture study on the basic principles of the gospel. He expressed that one day there will be time to study other things, but not now. Now there is time for the basics. Those are the things we should focus on developing.

For now we need more faith, more repentance, more focus on our covenants. That really hit me. It helped me to remember that I need to focus on the basics. Everything starts with faith in Jesus Christ. If we focus on having true faith in Him, repentance will follow, along with covenant keeping and the constant guidance of the Holy Ghost.  Eventually, we will find that we have endured faithfully to the end where He awaits to welcome us back to our Heavenly home. 

I got a new companion this week!!! Hermana Given! She is incredible and I've already learned a ton from her. Unfortunately she has to leave because the sugar cane factory that is in the area is affecting her asthma. I think we are going to have a special transfer tomorrow. I’m not sure what’s happening yet, but I’ll let you know who my new companion is next week.

I love you all!!!! Thank you for your constant love and support!!

Love 
Hermana Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment