Tuesday, April 7, 2015

4/6/2015 Como estan??


In the DR they celebrate Easter all week. Everyone puts blow up pools in the streets, and lots of people go the beach. They all eat habichuelas con dulce (sweet beans) Yum!

This week was great! For starters, it was CONFERENCE weekend. It was absolutely wonderful. Haiti is getting a temple!!! The Haitian members here are ecstatic. I keep on thinking back to the Haitian sisters who I roomed with in the MTC. When they came to the MTC, it was their first time in the temple. Now they will have their own temple and be able to go frequently and make sacred covenants with God as individuals and as families! I am so happy for them. Haitians have a very special place in my heart, just as Dominicans do. I am so grateful that I get to serve with these wonderful people. 

I would also like to share my testimony about living prophets. This church is led by prophets and apostles. They receive revelation directly from God. It is extremely important that we follow their guidance, and when we do the windows of heaven are opened and the blessings are infinite. 

I know President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Just as Adam, Noah, Abraham and Moses. 

I think more than anything from this conference, I learned about grace and the atonement of Jesus Christ. As the speakers gave their talks, the Spirit whispered to me over and over again to put all fears aside and simply put my faith in Christ. As I do, I know I will see miracles and healing in my life and the lives of those I love. Faith is never wasted. When we believe in our Savior and in His power our lives are changed. Often not in the ways we expected, but always in the way that will bless us the most eternally.

I know God lives. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to save you and me, and all of His children. Jesus Christ suffered death for all mankind so that if we believe in Him, and follow His example we will be healed from all of our infirmities and cleansed from all of our sins. I know that He rose from the grave on the third day, and because He lives, I too will live again, forever. Because of His grace, and if I am faithful, not only will I live again but I will live forever in His and the Father's presence in a state of unlimited happiness (Mosiah 2:41). I also know that because He lives, I do not have to walk this path alone. He is always with me. 

Pablo will be getting baptized this Saturday. I am so happy for him. He has been completely transformed. The atonement has healed him mentally, physically, emotionally, and most of all spiritually as he has come unto Christ. I can’t wait to see him make this sacred covenant of baptism with God. 

Love you all,


Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment